After being exposed to a critical incident or crisis, people will experience a range of reactions – physical, psychological, emotional.
This workshop provides participants with an understanding of Psychological First Aid and its application as a best practice response to recognising and responding to individuals post incident.
- The normal psychological, physical, and emotional reactions post critical incident or crisis.
- Practical application of the Psychological First Aid (PFA) model:
1. Recognising an individual in distress post incident
2. Responding to distress with a best practice approach
3. Encouraging individuals to seek support for managing ongoing distress
- Self-care for responders after applying Psychological First Aid.
The session also includes a case study, co-designed with an organisation to ground participants in practical application.
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.