The Retiring Well Workshop is a more detailed look at how participants can improve outcomes in retirement by planning, influencing transition conditions and building key resources.
Participants will gain an understanding of how to prepare financially, socially and emotionally to achieve wellbeing at all stages of their retirement journey.
The workshop will cover the factors that can influence decisions to retire; the choices available in retirement; evidence from research; relevant experience that can be applied in the workshop along with practical tools and resources for planning.
This workshop is led by professional facilitators who have both academic and practical experience, and participants will also receive pre and post workshop activities to reinforce the skills learnt.
At the completion of this workshop participants will:
- Have formed realistic expectations surrounding the transition into retirement, and reflected on retirement pathways that could work for them
- Know which factors contribute to adjusting well to retirement, and identify strategies to increase the likelihood of a positive transition
- Understand the relationship between retirement adjustment and mental health and wellbeing
- Understand the importance of planning for mental and financial wellbeing in retirement
- Increase their knowledge of financial, social and emotional wellbeing.