When individuals are mentally healthy, they feel a greater sense of calm, increased self-esteem, increased happiness, improved mood, and reduced risk of developing mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression.
This is all linked to improved organisational outcomes such as increased employee commitment, productivity, and customer satisfaction.[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
SuperFriend’s Workplace Mental Health Essentials for All Staff course is designed to promote individual wellbeing and increase shared understanding of its importance within organisations.
This course provides an excellent introduction to workplace mental health and wellbeing and a strong foundation for further learning. The mental health literacy helps to reduce stigma, increase empathy and can be applied well beyond the workplace.
After completing this course, learners will have an increased awareness of their own mental health and how to manage their self-care during times of stress, isolation and change.
Employers can build on this momentum to engage their workers in further activities that enable the workplace to thrive.
This course includes the following short online learning modules:
- Introduction to mental health and wellbeing
- Employee legal rights and responsibilities related to mental health
- Peer support
- Building positive relationships
- Looking after yourself
1. “Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PWC) (2014) Creating a mentally healthy workplace: Return on investment analysis. Melbourne: Beyond Blue
2. Standards Council of Canada (2013). Psychological health and safety in the workplace — Prevention, promotion, and guidance to staged implementation. CAN/CSA-Z1003-13/BNQ 9700-803/2013.
4. New Economics Foundation. Wellbeing at work: a review of the literature. London, NEF; 2014. [Internet]. [Cited 2018 April 3]. p. 6. Available from: https://neweconomics.org/2014/03/wellbeing-at-work/