SuperFriend’s Peer Support Booklet provides practical suggestions to individuals for listening to and supporting work colleagues who may be experiencing issues with their mental health.
The communication skills and support strategies promoted in this booklet are important for employees at all levels of the organisation, in order to foster a thriving workplace culture.
This booklet contains:
- an overview of what a mental illness is and how it can affect people
- the role that stigma plays in mental health and how we can reduce this
- why the workplace is an ideal environment to support people’s mental health and wellbeing
- the steps you can take to support a colleague who may in need
- what to do when someone wants to talk about their mental health.